GRADUATION! (A Super Late Post)

by - September 28, 2014

"Life is a series of beginnings, not endings. Just as graduations are not terminations, but commencements." -Bernie Siegel
It's been more than 3 weeks since my graduation day, on September 3rd. Can't say much, but that was one of the proudest moments of my life.

Let these pictures become an eternal memories :))

So here we are. Sometime between four and however many years it took, we're leaving college. 


Where to from here? The answer to that question is as varied as the students who make up this year's graduating class.

Many of us know, or claim to know, exactly the next step to take.
Whether that step is an internship, a full-time job, or even a backpacking trip around the country.

Others, like me, will tell you, we have no idea.

The big thing about college is learning about ourselves, and many of us will leave our majors with some vague idea of the job we'd like to get, or business we'd like to start.
But nothing more.


Whatever we decide, most of us will agree that this place was a perfect place to foster our minds and bodies in this critical learning phase.
Accommodating to our sometimes silly, sometimes rowdy behavior.


I'm a totally different person than I was coming in as a freshman four years ago,
I hope I'm also a better one.

I've learned so much about so much - my field, my interests, my self, and so on.
 I feel like, were I to go back in time, my younger self wouldn't even recognize me.

I can only hope, this passion for learning carries over when I have to search out the lesson myself, instead of walking to class and taking notes.
I suppose real-life experience will teach all of us a lot either way.

The biggest thing, we probably learned is, that we only get one trip around this rock, so we might as well enjoy it.

So, to everyone who touched our lives, we say thank you.

To parents who stood by us no matter what.


To teachers who tried to instill in us a passion for learning.

To administrators who wanted to make our college experiences as amazing as possible.

To advisors who helped us decide what path to take.

To friends who were always there for parties, study sessions, and everything in between.

And to all those others we depend on.

Without you, without each other, there would be no purpose to being here, no way to advance.

Thank you, for all the loving, kind people I've met during my time here.


Now, take our tassels, flip them, and toss those hats in the air.

Why? Because we did it!

It's certainly a huge milestone.
 We will always remember this day, clearly, for the rest of our lives.
 

"So now go. Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition." - Steve Jobs

This is the first day of life-time real lessons.


Ps: Those mesmerizing graduation speech is from gradspeeches.com



You May Also Like

0 comments